Asbestos Awareness Training
We offer face to face, asbestos awareness training delivered at your workplace.
Asbestos awareness training should be provided to any persons carrying out asbestos related work or who have duties under the asbestos management plan such as the asbestos coordinator. Under Section 17 of the Health and Safety (Asbestos) Regulations, a person conducting business or undertaking (PCBU) must ensure that workers engaged by the PCBU and may be involved in asbestos related work are trained in the identification and safe handling of, and suitable control measures for asbestos and ACM.
This course is designed for:
- Maintenance personnel
- Property managers
- Building owners
Or anyone who is at risk of encountering asbestos.
Direct Hazmat Consultants offer a comprehensive 2-hour asbestos awareness training course that covers the following:
- Types and properties of asbestos
- Asbestos related diseases
- Health and exposure monitoring
- Asbestos containing products commonly used
- NZ Legislation regarding asbestos
- Asbestos survey types (management, refurbishment and demolition)
- Asbestos management plans
- Asbestos assessment using the material assessment algorithm
- Air monitoring
- Difference between asbestos work and asbestos related work
- Asbestos safe working procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory protective equipment
- Dealing with asbestos waste
Our company will issue each employee who attends this training seminar with a printed Asbestos Awareness Training certificate.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.